By The Registered Dietitians at 2 Your Health
Living with diabetes means that you have to carefully monitor what you eat but it does not mean that you need to miss out on any delicious snacks. There are many quick and easy snacks that can fit within your daily routine. We’ve compiled a list of five delicious diabetes bedtime snacks just as these. Follow the links for detailed recipes.
1. Banana Oatmeal Cookies – It only takes bananas and oats to make these simply and healthy cookies and you can add anything that you like to them.
2. Lemon-Pepper Cucumbers – With only 8 calories and 2 carbs, this light snack is perfect for those muggy summer afternoons.
3. Whole Grain Crackers, Cottage Cheese, and Grapes – A balance of whole grains, low fat dairy, and sweet grapes. Whole grains can help to lower your blood sugar and the cottage cheese will provide both protein and calcium. Of course, we know how wonderful grapes are.
4. No Bake Protein Bars – These hearty protein bars pack about 200 calories a piece and would be just the thing to get you through the afternoon till dinner time. Creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips will let you forget that they are good for you.
5. Spiced Nut Clusters – Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dried cranberries, honey, and an array of spices make for a delicious snack that won’t spike your blood sugar.